- First Sunday: Green Tara practice (open to all)
- Second Sunday: Guru Yoga practice (open only to those empowered by a qualified lama)
- Third Sunday: Red Tara practice (open to all, though certain aspects of the practice require specific empowerment by a qualified lama; meditative visualization and prayer in which enlightened mind is visualized in the form of Red Tara, a powerful feminine deity)
- Fourth Sunday: Medicine Buddha practice (open to all; the healing power of all the Buddhas is focused and made accessible for use in this world – anyone, Buddhist or not, can ask to have a loved one who needs healing to be included in the dedication)
- Fifth Sunday: teaching or practice (open to all)
- Meditation, liturgy, and teaching: Our weekly service consists of samatha meditation, seven limb practice and a teaching. Everyone – especially those new to Tibetan Buddhism – is invited to attend.
- Monday Night Meditation: Guided meditation, discussion and a loving-kindness practice. See Knoxville Insight Meditation for more information. Everyone’s welcome!
- Tuesday Night Book Study: We are currently reading and discussing “How to Practice Dharma: Teachings on the Eight Worldly Dharmas” by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Everyone’s welcome!
Click HERE to read more about this book at Amazon.com.
- Introductory teachings on Buddhism by Lama Samten and Lama Karma. For more information, see MOCD’s website or contact email@example.com.
NOTE: COURSE WILL RESUME IN JULY
- Meditation practice with Lama Samten and Lama Karma. Everyone’s welcome!
- Chenrezig practice (open to all)
- Friday Evening Meditation & Discussion Group: Meditation practices (calm abiding and insight practices), chanting, readings from the Buddha’s discourses, and discussion of Buddhist philosophy. See Abhayadana Meditation or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.