We are meeting again!
Sunday Sessions below are In Person and Online
- First Sunday of Each Month: Green Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Lama Norlha Rinpoche, Green Tara is the main form of the bodhisattva Tara, the mother of liberation who protects living beings from fear. )
- Second Sunday: White Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Khenpo Samdup of Gar Drolma in Dayton, OH, White Tara’s special function is to promote long life, both for the practitioner and for others. Ultimately, she is the very nature of the dharmakaya, and her practice is a means for attaining liberation.)
- Third Sunday: Red Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Lama Inge of Padma Ling in Spokane, WA, though certain aspects of the practice require specific empowerment by a qualified Lama. Meditative visualization and prayer in which enlightened mind is visualized in the form of Red Tara, a powerful feminine deity)
- Fourth Sunday: Medicine Buddha practice (open to all, the healing power of all the Buddhas is focused and made accessible for use in this world – anyone, Buddhist or not, can ask to have a loved one who needs healing to be included in the dedication)
- Fifth Sunday: teaching or practice (open to all)
- Newcomer Tea: Are you interested in learning about Tibetan Buddhism? We have a time for that! Come and meet us and talk about Buddhism before our regular practice!
- Meditation, liturgy, and teaching: Our weekly service consists of samatha meditation, seven limb practice and a teaching. Everyone – especially those new to Tibetan Buddhism – is invited to attend.
- Monday Evening Insight Meditation Sangha: Guided meditation, discussion and a loving-kindness practice. See Knoxville Insight Meditation Sangha for more information. Meeting IN PERSON! Everyone’s welcome! Click here to join online!
- Tuesday Night Book Group: We are currently reading: Thomas Cleary’s translation of The Secret of the Golden Flower.
Now meeting IN PERSON! Everyone’s welcome! Click here to join online! Password: lotus