Coronavirus Schedule Notice
Following the guidance of public health officials and the example of our wise teachers, in hopes of supporting the community and avoiding the harm of contributing to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the boards of Lotus Light Center and Losel Shedrup Ling Center have decided that it is best for Lotus Light to close to in person meetings beginning today for at least two weeks.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and take measures to safely re-open as soon as possible. In the meantime, we encourage you to be kind and gentle with yourself and all those you encounter. We encourage you to use the precious time that we have to deepen your practice and compassion. We encourage you to look for the examples of love and life that are all around us in each moment. We commit to doing this and will now turn our attention to finding ways to support each other and continue to build our community during this time.
Recovery Dharma has already made arrangements to meet via zoom, the link for tonight’s session is copied below. Please be on the lookout for updates from other groups that meet at the Lotus Light Center as they make plans.
If you have ideas or needs, please reach out to your contemplative community. We are present, we are attentive, and we are holding you in our hearts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865)382-1585.
On behalf of the boards, we wish you happiness and the causes of happiness, we pray you are free from suffering and the causes of suffering, we pray all beings rejoice in the well-being of each other and that all abide in equanimity free of the delusion of separation.
With love, Traci and the Lotus Light Team
Topic: Recovery Dharma Knox Friday Zoom Meeting Time: This is a recurring meeting Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/738058718?pwd=NTU1dU50cWs3T1Q2Q3V6RE5nZFZndz09 Meeting ID: 738 058 718 Password: 046509One tap mobile +19292056099,,738058718# US (New York) +16699006833,,738058718# US (San Jose)Dial by your location +1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 738 058 718 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/apRbfYSJl
Sunday Sessions below are now offered online
- First Sunday of Each Month: Green Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Lama Norlha Rinpoche, Green Tara is the main form of the bodhisattva Tara, the mother of liberation who protects living beings from fear. )
- Second Sunday: Red Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Lama Inge of Padma Ling in Spokane, WA, though certain aspects of the practice require specific empowerment by a qualified Lama. Meditative visualization and prayer in which enlightened mind is visualized in the form of Red Tara, a powerful feminine deity)
- Third Sunday: White Tara practice (open to all, transmitted to us by Khenpo Samdup of Gar Drolma in Dayton, OH, White Tara’s special function is to promote long life, both for the practitioner and for others. Ultimately, she is the very nature of the dharmakaya, and her practice is a means for attaining liberation.)
- Fourth Sunday: Medicine Buddha practice (open to all, the healing power of all the Buddhas is focused and made accessible for use in this world – anyone, Buddhist or not, can ask to have a loved one who needs healing to be included in the dedication)
- Fifth Sunday: teaching or practice (open to all)
- Newcomer Tea: Are you interested in learning about Tibetan Buddhism? We have a time for that! Come and meet us and talk about Buddhism before our regular practice!
- Meditation, liturgy, and teaching: Our weekly service consists of samatha meditation, seven limb practice and a teaching. Everyone – especially those new to Tibetan Buddhism – is invited to attend.
- Monday Evening Insight Meditation Sangha: Guided meditation, discussion and a loving-kindness practice. See Knoxville Insight Meditation Sangha for more information. Everyone’s welcome! Click here to join online!
- Tuesday Night Book Group: We are currently reading: Appearance & Reality by Guy Newland
Everyone’s welcome! Click here to join online! Password: lotus