- First Sunday of Each Month: Green Tara practice, and
teaching offered by Lama Karma! (open to all)
- Second Sunday: White Tara practice (open to all)
- Third Sunday: Red Tara practice (open to all, though certain aspects of the practice require specific empowerment by a qualified lama; meditative visualization and prayer in which enlightened mind is visualized in the form of Red Tara, a powerful feminine deity)
- Fourth Sunday: Medicine Buddha practice (open to all; the healing power of all the Buddhas is focused and made accessible for use in this world – anyone, Buddhist or not, can ask to have a loved one who needs healing to be included in the dedication)
- Fifth Sunday: teaching or practice (open to all)
- Meditation, liturgy, and teaching: Our weekly service consists of samatha meditation, seven limb practice and a teaching. Everyone – especially those new to Tibetan Buddhism – is invited to attend.
- Monday Evening Insight Meditation Sangha: Guided meditation, discussion and a loving-kindness practice. See Knoxville Insight Meditation Sangha for more information. Everyone’s welcome!
- Tuesday Night Book Group: We are currently reading ‘The Dalai Lamas of Tibet’ and selections of ‘Guide to Bodhisattva’s Way of Life’
INTRODUCTION TO BUDDHISM ONLINE:
TEACHINGS ON THE VIMALAKIRTI SUTRA
with Lama Karma
The Vimalakīrti Nirdeśa Sūtra is one of the most famous and influential Mahāyāna Sūtras, known for its revolutionary messages of respect for lay practitioners and for the equal role of women in the Dharma.
Classes will meet at the Lotus Light Center to participate in the online streaming, or you can join in from home.
- Chenrezig practice (open to all)